* Just a note to say I've not been sponsored or paid by Galler.ee to review this planner!*
I'm always on the lookout for things that make business planning a little less boring and a lot more fun. Being a photographer means I'm constantly trying to come up with creative shoot ideas, marketing and promotion plans and social media content. I'm also a massive stationary addict so when I saw a planner specifically made for photographers, I had to grab it!
The Photographer's Planner by Galler.ee is in its purest form, an aesthetically stunning behemoth of an organiser. It's chunky; with 16 sections divided up into 12 monthly planning sections and 4 for client workflow, blog and social media planning, promotions and notes and ideas. There's also cardboard pockets on the front and back of the planner to hold receipts or other bits of loose paper.
I ordered the planner via the Galler.ee official website for around $71 including shipping. The shipping time was average but I did have to pay a £12 customs charge to Royal Mail for full delivery, so be aware of this when ordering from the UK. The packaging was ok, but the front cover was slightly dented at the bottom and the side tabs on the dividers were a bit crumpled. With that in mind, here are my overall pros and cons for The Photographer's Planner:
- Comprehensive planner with business specific sections which make planning easier with everything all in one place. The undated monthly planning sections are an extra bonus so you can purchase this planner in January or July.
- The rings are chunky and the front and back cover are made of sturdy cardboard with a simple, but aesthetically pleasing design.
- The sizing is perfect for carrying around in your bag without it taking up too much room.
- The paper is quite thin and with no reinforced edges to keep it secure to the rings, it can easily be ripped out without force or intention through daily use.
- The section dividers are also on thin card stock and with no reinforced tabs, these can also fall out easily the more you use the planner, and the tabs can become crumpled and untidy looking. It would've been nice to have had thicker card stock or laminated section dividers.
- The rings don't undo, so there's no facility to add to the planner or take out sections. This would've been a good feature to making the planner more personal.
Overall, as a photographer-specific planner, this has everything you need to keep your business in order. The modern design and well thought out sections are perfect for the busy creative, but the few practical design issues let it down slightly.
Overall rating: 4/5